These days, we’re all thinking about the smartest way to navigate our day-to-day life with the ongoing pandemic. But as winter looms and flu season lingers, the question on everyone’s mind: “How can I stay as safe as possible?”
This is where immunity comes into play. Our immune system is composed of cells, tissues, organs, and other substances, and it helps the body fight infections and other diseases. Our immunity relies on many factors — some of which we have control over and some we do not.
While the science can be a bit murky around specific things anyone can do to help strengthen their immune system — and things can vary widely from person to person — there are several habits associated with a robust and healthy line of defence.
- Move Your Body. Whether you’re a fan of dance cardio or more ofa wake-and-walk kind of person, regular exercise is important to an overall healthy lifestyle.
2. Have a Strong Sense of Purpose. Having a powerful “reason to get up in the morning” and involving yourself in meaningful activities that help others can have a profound influence on our health and well-being.
4. Get Sleep. Sleep is a critical time to rebuild and restore body systems, and it plays a major role in our immune system’s functionality and health.
5. Eat Probiotics. Consuming probiotic-rich foods is a little known but highly effective way to promote a healthy immune system.
6. Stay Social (Virtuality Counts). Don’t forgo all connection with friends and family.
7. Clean Up Your Diet. If you want great immunity, lean into eating clean, whole, non-processed foods.
MyFitnessPal provides powerful tools that make it easier for anyone to live a healthier life by tracking their meals and physical activity. MyFitnessPal is part of the world’s largest digital health and fitness community, Under Armour Connected Fitness™. Improve your overall health and fitness with our family of apps.