Australia Day is a time for all of us to celebrate everything that makes this Great Land the best place in the world to live and raise a family. And it is a time to reflect on our good fortune to be able to call ourselves Australians.
This is an ideal opportunity to also remind the Australian people of the important role our military forces have played and continue to play in helping the Nation through its most challenging times, whether it is protecting their interests overseas or at home.
Be proud of our contribution.
To link this Australia Day theme with the Fair Go Campaign, we are releasing a new flyer (attached).
Just as you helped to make the WHY flyer a great success, we are again calling on everyone to help with getting this flyer on to computer screens and bulletin boards across Australia.
So, please check out the attached flyer now, and then send it, along with this notice, to every Australian in your address book.
The central message remains the same:
• PAST AND PRESENT AUSTRALIAN MILITARY PERSONNEL DESERVE A FAIR GO
• MILITARY SUPERANNUATION PENSIONS ARE NOT FAIRLY INDEXED TO RETAIN PURCHASING POWER; THE ADJUSTMENTS THEY RECEIVE DO NOT REFLECT THE REAL COST OF LIVING
• OVER MANY YEARS, GOVERNMENTS FROM BOTH SIDES OF POLITICS HAVE BROKEN THE EMPLOYER PROMISE TO PROVIDE FULLY INDEXED SUPERANNUATION PENSIONS FOR RETIRED DIGGERS – PENSIONS THAT DONT ERODE IN VALUE
• IT IS A NATIONAL DISGRACE!
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
1. CONTACT YOUR LOCAL FEDERAL MP AND TELL HIM OR HER THAT YOU WANT A FAIR GO FOR ALL MILITARY SUPERANNUATION PENSIONERS.
2. GO TO www.adso.org.au AND REGISTER YOUR DETAILS TO STAY INFORMED, VOLUNTEER, OR MAKE A DONATION – IT ALL HELPS.
3. RESPOND WITH SUPPORTIVE COMMENTS IN LETTERS OR BLOGS TO NEWS ARTICLES AND RADIO INTERVIEWS.
4. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, PLEASE KEEP THIS FLYER CIRCULATING – BY EMAIL, BY ADDING TO YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE, AND BY PHYSICALLY PRINTING COPIES OF THE FLYER, PINNING THEM TO BULLETIN BOARDS AND HANDING THEM TO OTHERS WITHOUT EMAIL.
Thanks for your support, and have a great Australia Day.
From the “Fair Go!” Team
Campaign National Spokesperson: David Jamison