IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS
WHY DOES THE GOVERNMENT LEAVE SOME EX-MILITARY FAMILIES OUT IN THE COLD?
Minister Snowdon, in announcing increases to some veterans pensions, said:
“320,000 veterans, partners and war widows and widowers will now receive increased pensions and income support payments from 20 September 2011.”
“The indexation reforms introduced by this Government have delivered a fairer pension system for our veteran community and will help them to meet the increasing costs of living,” he said.
What a strange world Minister Snowdon lives in!
The announced increases are welcomed, but they will do nothing to help more than 57,000 military superannuation pensioners, most of whom are on pensions lower than those who will receive the announced increases; and all of whom compulsorily paid for their pensions through their military superannuation scheme.
Where is the fairness in that, Minister?
I AM SENDING THIS FLYER TO YOU BECAUSE WE NEED YOUR HELP!
PLEASE SEND IT, ALONG WITH THIS MESSAGE TO EVERY AUSTRALIAN IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK:
• PAST AND PRESENT AUSTRALIAN MILITARY PERSONNEL NEED A FAIR GO.
• THEIR MILITARY SUPERANNUATION PENSION IS NOT FAIRLY INDEXED TO RETAIN PURCHASING POWER; THE ADJUSTMENTS THEY RECEIVE DO NOT REFLECT THE REAL COST OF LIVING.
• LOOK AT THE FLYER TO SEE WHAT EFFECT THIS HAS HAD IN THE LAST 10 YEARS ON THREE TYPICAL MILITARY FAMILIES.
• NOW LOOK AT THE INCREASE TO POLITICIANS SUPERANNUATION PENSIONS OVER THE SAME PERIOD. IT IS GREAT TO SEE AGE PENSIONERS ARE NOW TREATED FAIRLY – SO WHY DOES THE GOVERNMENT IGNORE OUR SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN?
IT IS A NATIONAL DISGRACE!
THE LABOR PARTY CAME TO POWER IN 2007 WITH A PROMISE TO FIX THIS INJUSTICE. THEY HAVENT!
BUT WORSE THAN THAT, ON THE 16 JUNE 2011, THE GOVERNMENT VOTED AGAINST A COALITION BILL THAT WOULD HAVE PROVIDED FAIR INDEXATION FOR MOST RETIRED MILITARY FAMILIES.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
1. CONTACT YOUR LOCAL FEDERAL MP AND TELL HIM/HER THAT YOU WANT A FAIR GO FOR ALL MILITARY SUPERANNUATION PENSIONERS.
2. GO TO WWW.adso.org.au AND REGISTER YOUR DETAILS TO STAY INFORMED, VOLUNTEER, OR MAKE A DONATION – IT ALL HELPS.
3. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, PLEASE KEEP THIS FLYER CIRCULATING – BY EMAIL, BY ADDING TO YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE, AND BY PHYSICALLY PRINTING COPIES AND HANDING THEM TO OTHERS WITHOUT EMAIL.
WE NEED THIS FLYER TO REACH EVERY CORNER OF THE COUNTRY. WITH YOUR HELP IT WLL.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
From the “Fair Go!” Team
Campaign Directors: Ted Chitham [email protected]
Ray Gibson [email protected]
Campaign National Spokesperson: David Jamison [email protected]