On 18 March 2021, the Senate referred to the Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade References Committee the following matter for inquiry and report by 24 June 2021:
The TPI payment (Special Rate of Disability Pension), with particular reference to:
- the purpose, adequacy, structure and indexation arrangements of the TPI pension;
- the case made, and analysis provided, by the TPI Federation, including the extent to which the TPI pension value has changed over time and the support available to TPI veterans;
- all relevant existing information and previous reviews in relation to the TPI pension, including the recommendations of the Tune review;
- recommendations on any potential changes to the payment and any other issues;
- advice on costs associated with any recommendations; and
- any related issues.
The purpose of this letter is to draw your attention to the inquiry and to invite you or your organisation to make a written submission to the committee by 30 April 2021.
The committee prefers to receive submissions online as an attached document by accessing the committee website and selecting the Upload Submission Online link: https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Foreign_Affairs_Defence_and_Trade/TPIPayments
Alternatively, submissions may be emailed as an attached document to [email protected] or mailed to this address: Committee Secretary Senate Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade References Committee PO Box 6100 Parliament House Canberra ACT 2600
Information relating to Senate committee inquiries, including notes to assist in the preparation of submissions for a committee, can be located on the internet at https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Making_a_submission.
Submissions become committee documents and are made public only after a decision by the committee. Publication of submissions includes loading them onto the internet and making them available to other interested parties including the media. Please indicate if you wish the committee to consider keeping your submission, or part thereof, confidential.
The committee will consider all submissions, and may invite individuals and organisations to give evidence at a public hearing. Should you require further information, please contact the committee secretariat on (02) 6277 3535.