Step 1 Insert the date
Step2. Insert the Persons Name
Step 3 Insert the Address
Step 4 Insert the salutation name e.g. Senator …
Step 5 Insert specific data advised by Com Super of your increaase
Step 6. Insert your signature
Step 7. Insert your name
Step 8. Insert details of any attachments,
Here is a selection of paragraphs that you may want to use in compiling your own letter:
• What is clear to even many members in the Parliament is that the CPI methodology of indexing military pensions is NOT FAIR. Using CPI is simply NOT a means by which retired military families, widows and those on invalidity pensions can keep pace with the enormous cost of living increases.
• I appeal to you to take action to restore a Condition of Service that would see the buying power of military pensions maintained, not eroded, over time. That means that our pensions, must be indexed in the same way as that which is applied to Age and Service pensions.
• Please be aware of the growing discontent within the defence family, particularly with military superannuates especially when they see all Parliamentarians receive a 3% CPI increase to their salary with its resultant flow on to their superannuants.
• I am aggrieved that, having served my country willingly with my life at risk , I am being denied a promised right and being let down by Governments that have promised but failed to deliver. Its time to stand and deliver!
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOUR LETTER BE WRITTEN:
1. WITH POLITENESS AND RESPECT
2. TO ADDRESS THE ISSUES AND NOT THE PERSON
3. WITHOUT ABUSE OR BAD LANGUAGE