The Summer 2018 issue of Vetaffairs is now available here, featuring:
• Details of the planned Australian Defence Veterans’ Covenant, Australian Veteran Card and Lapel Pin announced during the Invictus Games Sydney 2018, as well as stories about the Games themselves, their legacy and DVA’s forums on families, employment and transition from defence service to civilian life.
• Reports on the Centenary of the First World War Armistice, the #1MS social media campaign, the Anzac 360 app bringing the Remembrance Trail on the Western Front to life and the Just Ask initiative to help Australians learn more about their family’s connections to service.
• Information about the new Veterans’ Employment Commitment, which will help veterans to more easily identify organisations that are committed to hiring and supporting ex-service men and women.
• Download a printable PDF version of Vetaffairs (2.7 MB). Listen to the audio version (MP3 99.7 MB), noting the large file size.
• DVA is providing reduced services from Tuesday, 25 December 2018 to 2 January 2019.
• DVA is on the move in Brisbane. The offices will move from 259 Queen Street to 480 Queen Street in January.
If you are a DVA client you will automatically receive a mailed copy of the Newsletter. If not a client then Email email@example.com to receive future issues on CD, to request an email alert when Vetaffairs is published online, or to subscribe to DVA e-news.