The Australian Federation of Totally & Permanently Incapacitated Ex-Servicemen & Women has begun a campaign to lobby the Federal Government for fair economic loss compensation to be afforded to our most disabled Veterans (Special Rate/Totally & Permanently Incapacitated (SR/TPI)) by adjusting their compensation payment to reflect today’s standard of living. These Veterans, most physically and psychologically disabled from their service to the Nation, can no longer produce an income for themselves or their families that maintains that standard of living.
The President of The TPI Federation, Tony Mogridge, has launched The Federation’s campaign by releasing a Media Statement dated 17 August 2015, initiating a public petition Fair Compensation for our Most Disabled Diggers and releasing this explanatory awareness SR/TPI video.
MEDIA STATEMENT – 17 AUGUST 2015
In April of this year the Australian Federation of Totally and Permanently Incapacitated Ex-Servicemen & Women wrote to the Prime Minister and asked that the Special Rate/Totally & Permanently Incapacitated (SR/TPI) Compensation payment be adjusted to reflect today’s standard of living.
The Federation is asking that the most disabled Veterans in the community be allowed to live in dignity and with some self-esteem by having the SR/TPI Compensation increased to 100% of the average weekly wage. It is currently at 43%. This has diminished over the past 65 years from 80% to 43%.
This is a deplorable situation for our most affected Veterans. This explains a number of things –
• the number of Veterans who are homeless,
• the number of Veterans’ whose spouses/partners mustwork in order to bring in a worthwhile income for
them and their children,
• the number of Veterans who cannot afford the ever increasing cost of living – especially electricity
• the number of Veteran and Civilian organisations who are relied on to provide the very services that the
Government should be providing,
• and the number of Veterans who cannot hold their heads high with the proud knowledge that they have
done their country proud and that the Government will look after them. .
It is most disappointing that at this time of immense fiscal wastage that the Government cannot find less than
half of 1% of GDP to look after those who have already looked after them.
Please show your support for our ADF and especially those disabled in service to Australia by:
1. Signing the petition: and
2. Sharing the petition with your network of colleagues, mates, friends, families and acquaintances.
Thank You Australia
THE TPI FEDERATION IS A MEMBER OF THE ALLIANCE OF DEFENCE SERVICE ORGANISATIONS (ADSO)
ADSO COMBINES THE STRENGTH OF ITS MEMBER ESOs TO GIVE A POWERFUL COLLECTIVE VOICE IN THE FIGHT FOR A BETTER FUTURE AND PROTECTION OF SERVICE ENTITLEMENTS FOR CURRENT AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE ADF AND THEIR FAMILIES.