Highlights of the July 2016 bumper edition include:
• SUPERANNUATION CHANGES: WHAT RULES APPLY FOR THE 2016/2017 YEAR? Many of the big-ticket super policies are not changing, and many of the proposed changes will not apply for the 2016/2017 year.
• TOP 10 PERFORMING SUPER FUNDS FOR 2015/2016 YEAR, AND FOR PAST 10 YEARS. The top 10 performing super funds of the year are…
• SUPER FUNDS GAIN 3% FOR THE 2015/2016 FINANCIAL YEAR. The median superannuation growth fund delivered the seventh consecutive positive annual return
• ASSET CLASSES: NAMING THE INVESTMENT WINNERS FOR THE 2015/2016 FINANCIAL YEAR, AND OVER 5 YEARS, 10 YEARS AND 15 YEARS.
• UPDATED CONTRIBUTIONS GUIDES (2016/2017 YEAR). Our contributions survival guides (for concessional contributions, non-concessional contributions, and co-contributions) are very popular with SuperGuide readers, and we have now updated them for the 2016/2017 year.
• HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT FINANCIAL ADVISER, OR ACCOUNTANT. In a special 4-part series, take advantage of our 5-step guide to obtaining expert help, and discover what type of advice accountants are now allowed to provide, especially for SMSFs. In separate articles, learn how to make a complaint about your super fund or adviser.
• AGE PENSION: MORE AUSTRALIANS ENTITLED TO PAYMENTS FROM 1 JULY 2016. The Age Pension income and assets tests have been adjusted again which means eligible Australians can own more assets and earn more income and still be eligible for a full or part Age Pension. Also, for your convenience we have included our updated Age Pension articles on the assets test, income test and latest payment rates.
• AGED CARE RESIDENTS HIT BY SUPER AND AGE PENSION CHANGES. Although SuperGuide is not an aged care information service, it is important to flag that changes have been made recently to the rules governing the interrelationship between superannuation assets, Age Pension entitlements (if any), and the costs involved when living in an aged care facility.